Although usually not a serious condition, gynecomastia is a real issue that affects half of the entire male population. Enlarged, tender, or painful male breasts are symptoms of this condition. Having “man boobs” is mostly harmless but is the cause of embarrassment and other psychological issues among men, so it’s no surprise that more and more of them seek possible ways to reduce the size of their breasts, or completely get rid of it.
Gynecomastia, or chest fat, is pretty common especially among young men who are going through puberty. This may also occur among older men whenever there is an imbalance of the sex hormones estrogen and testosterone. Oftentimes, high levels of estrogen and/or low levels of testosterone hinder the body’s capability of shedding excess fat, causing the enlargement of the breasts. Obesity is also one of the common causes of gynecomastia.
Other causes include a side effect to medication, too much alcohol, an unhealthy diet, kidney diseases, and liver failure.
Undergoing cosmetic surgery to get rid of the fatty breast tissue is often touted as the only way to treat this gynecomastia, but that is expensive, impractical, and not the case at all. To get rid of chest fat, first you have to check with your physician to rule out any possible serious underlying diseases. If you have confirmed that your gynecomastia is caused by one of the things listed above, then that is something you can work on. All you need is discipline and dedication.
Here are ways to reduce and lose chest fat permanently.
You can change your whole appearance and your life just by changing your diet, and this is exactly what you should do to get rid of excess fat in your body, and eventually reduce chest fat. Here are a few pointers on how you should eat to do that.
● Count your calories. Making this a habit will help you stick to smaller amounts of meals everyday, helping you lose weight effectively. You need 1200 to 1600 calories a day to get enough energy to function, depending on your height and weight. Any more than that will make you gain weight, and any less might be detrimental to your weight loss project because it can mess up your metabolism.
● Avoid excess sugar and carbohydrates. You need carbohydrates for energy, but you don’t need simple carbs, like white bread and pasta. Simple carbs are converted to sugar, and eating a lot of it will get you over the recommended daily amount of sugar intake, which is 25 grams. Any more than that and you will just have a hard time losing weight.
● Avoid deep fried food. Say goodbye to fried chicken, bacon, fries, and other deep fried foods that contain high amounts of fat that will only contribute to your man boobs.
● Stick to nutrient-rich food. Choose lean meat, fish, and poultry to get your much needed protein to help build muscles and make you stronger. Eat whole foods like fruits, vegetables, and grains for fiber.
● Drink water. Avoid sugary drinks like soda or that frappucino. Drink only water as much as possible if you really want to lose weight. If you want some flavor, squeeze some lemon juice into a glass of warm water to make lemon water.
● Increase zinc in your diet. Foods rich in zinc are proven to help shed excess fat and increase your testosterone. In fact, zinc deficiency can make men gain weight. Salmon, brown rice, peanuts, shrimp, and spinach are good sources of zinc. You can also take zinc supplements.
Exercise and Workouts
While diet is the most important factor in losing weight, regular exercise will help a lot and make it easier for you to lose those unwanted fats.
● Do strength training exercises. Lift weights and start with baby steps. Do one set of 12 repetitions and move up from there when you can. You can also get heavier weights every three or four weeks.
● Use your bodyweight to workout. You don’t have to go to the gym to exercise. Simply use your own body’s weight by doing three sets of push-ups, squats, lunges, planks, and sit-ups anywhere you are.
● Do push-ups everyday. Push-ups is the most popular chest sculpting workout because it’s the most effective. It will give your chest, back, and abs the definition you want, and will get rid of the chest fat.
● Alternate strength training with cardio. On days when you are not lifting weights, do cardio. Strength training can only target so much, and it may not tap into the fat storage, which is why you still need to run, swim, cycle, or even just walk, and you will see the results on your entire body.
Use Gynecomastia Pills
Aside from an overall change in diet and lifestyle, you can take some extra steps to make sure that you get rid of gynecomastia. There are pills and creams that can help you with that.
Gynectrol is a supplement that stops testosterone from converting into estrogen, which causes man boobs. It contains chromium, caffeine, guggulsterones, theobromine cacao, green tea extract, and sclareolides that all work together to counteract the hormonal imbalances and targets the fat buildup in your breasts that causes the swelling, effectively removing it.
There are also chest sculpting creams on the market that are supposed to shrink the excess fat in your chest area in an instant, making it appear flatter and more muscular.
One examples is Gynexol. It’s a cream that you have to apply daily onto the breasts until you will see results. It works by breaking up the fatty tissues in the chest area with retinol, ginkgo biloba, and aloe vera juice. Retinol is popular in the skincare industry as it is a star ingredient in most anti-wrinkle creams, and it does work. It just makes sense that it helps with the reduction of man boobs and tightening of the chest as well.